This recipe meal is one of my favourites. It looks more complicated than it is and tastes great. Who would have thought is was healthy and nutritious, too?
A vegan version could be made using seasoned roasted cashew nuts, mixed beans or a nut roast in place of the steak.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 12 small potatoes
- 2 fillet steaks or vegan alternative
- 1 packet washed spinach
- 1/4 red cabbage
- 2 small Carrots
- 1 tbsp mayo vegan mayo if avoiding dairy
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 handful freshly chopped herbs I used parsley
- Wash and slice the potatoes in half and place in mixing bowl.
- drizzle with 1 tsp of the oil, mix in paprika, ½ of the lemon juice, salt and pepper and stir until potatoes are evenly covered. Then bake in a hot oven for 15 minutes, turning once.
- whilst the potatoes are baking, peel and grate the carrot, finely chop the red cabbage and add to a smaller mixing bowl. Mix in the mayo, the rest of the melon juice and some more black pepper. I like to add freshly chopped herbs at this point.
- Next heat a pan, add some oil and fry the steaks on a high heat, turning after 2 - 3 minutes, depending on how you prefer them cooked.
- Boil a pan and steam the spinach for around 2 minutes.
- Once everything is cooked through, serve and enjoy!
Share this Recipe