This recipe is so simple and so tasty and is a complete staple in our house. I usually make a batch one a week to take some to work, to use as a side dish, or to eat on its own freshly cooked.
Simple. Tasty. Glorious Food.
|Prep Time||10 mins|
|Cook Time||15 mins|
- 1 cup Rice
- 1 medium Courgette
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 1 Orange Pepper
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp mixed spices I often use paprika, chilli, cumin, salt, pepper
- 1 sprig freshly chopped herbs I usually use parsley or coriander
- Chop the veg into small 1 inch chunks. add to a bowl, drizzle the oil over, stir in the spices and bake in a hot oven for 10 - 15 minutes until tender and cooked through. Stir once.
- Add a cup of rice to 2 cups of water into a small saucepan with a pinch of salt. Stir through and bring to the boil.
- Once the rice is boiling, turn the heat right down to a simmer and place the saucepan lid over to cook the rice. It should take between 8 - 10 minutes but follow the instructions on the packet.
- Once the rice is cooked through, fluff with a fork and add to a big bowl. Add the spicy veg and stir into the rice mix. Sprinkle over the chopped herbs and serve immediately. Can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Share this Recipe