Sometimes I really fancy something a bit naughtier than salad and fish. However, take-outs often irritate my gut, causing me more IBS symptoms that I don’t want or need. Therefore, I created this super easy chicken wings and skinny fries as a great Saturday night takeaway meal replacement.
The fries are home made and air fried so as healthy as you can get for a chip. And the chicken wings can be made using home made sauce or a bought sauce if you prefer.
- This is much better for you if cooked in an air fryer.
- You will also need a potato chipper.
|Prep Time||12 minutes|
|Cook Time||13 minutes|
- 1 portion Fresh Organic Chicken Wings organic will help ensure you are not getting extra irritants you don't need in your body
- 2 large White potatoes
- 1 drizzle Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Olive Oil this is more nutritious than other oils
- 1 pinch Rock/Himalayan/Organic Salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 Freshly Squeezed Lemon
- 1 pinch Chilli Powder
- 1 pinch Ground Ginger
- 1 drizzle Gluten Free Soy Sauce *optional*
- 2 tbsps Honey
- To make the chips, wash and peel the potatoes and push through your potato chipper. Add these into a bag or a bowl with the drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper. Now add to the air fryer on whatever setting you need to cook these (I usually given then about 8 - 10 minutes, turning once).
- To make the same for the chicken wings, mix the honey, paprika, ginger, chilli, lemon and soy sauce in a small bowl. Coat the chicken wings in this sauce mix and cook in the air fryer. If you only have one shelf in your air fryer you may need to cook the chicken wings and fries separately. Or you could use the oven for the chicken wings.
- Make an accompanying side salad and serve once chicken and fries are cooked through. Enjoy your healthier version of chicken and chips!
Share this Recipe