We never waste food in our house and this is a great way to use leftover veggies from the Sunday roast. I had made too many carrots, cabbage and broccoli for this hearty breakfast (which was more of a brunch). This is not the least calorific breakfast to have however it is really tasty, filling and also includes 3 of your 10 a day! If you add tomatoes on the side you have upped that to 4!
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||7 minutes|
- 1 portion cooked cabbage
- 1/2 cooked carrot
- 3 cooked broccoli flourettes
- 1 grated uncooked potato
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 pinch Rock salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 1 sprig Fresh Coriander
- 2 slices Bacon optional if vegetarian
- Mash the cold, cooked veg (cabbage, carrots and broccoli). Add the grated potato and squash into a ball. Flatten this into a pancake shape and add into a hot pan with olive oil.
- Whilst this is cooking, crisp up the bacon (I used my air fryer).
- Poach or fry the eggs so they don't touch for easy separation.
- Turn the bubble and squeak pattie over and cook through on the other side until golden and slightly crispy both sides.
- Top with the egg, crisp up the bacon (optional) and garnish with coriander!
Share this Recipe