Best are one of the guts great healers, effectively sweeping through the digestive tract any debris and strengthening the blood, our bodies nutrient carrier system, therefore getting essential nutrients where they need to be much faster.
Not only that but beets are great to cook with, colourful and tasty and can be used in a variety of different ways from juicing to roasting to using them in a story fry such as this one.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||12 minutes|
- 1/2 grated Beetroot (or beet)
- 1 grated Carrot
- 1/3 grated Sweet Potato
- 1 cup Rice
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 cup Coconut Cream
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 handful Fresh Coriander or parsley
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Add the salt rice and water to a small saucepan to bring to the boil. I used Basmati and two cups of water to one cup of rice. Once boiling then lower the heat and gently simmer on a low heat for 8 - 10 minutes, keeping an eye on it.
- Whilst the rice is cooking, heat a decent size fry pan or wok with the oil and and the rest of the dry seasoning. Stir and add your grated root veggies.
- Continue to stir the root veg and when they look tender, add in the coconut cream. Simmer this gently and continue to stir occasionally.
- Serve the rice and story fried veggies once cooked and top with the fresh herbs of your choice. A simple, healthy, filling nutrient dense meal that is good for your gut!
Share this Recipe